Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Loved You

If all you can give me are tears
You could have spared me those words
If you could only cause more sorrow
And break my heart with your curse
I'd rather have you forgetting me
Than recurring in my dreams each night
Just to open up those wounds again
And reminding me of my plight
My plight of making you to stay
And the love I held for you
But you left me without a word
And a heart that's hardly sewn
I...I didn't deserve this
This misery and this pain
For love was all I sought from you
A place in your heart again
Can we build up on the lost times?
That's the answer I'm searching for
Can we redeem what we've wronged?
Or move on with those feelings sour
Tell me where did we go wrong
That had us lose our way
I'll go back through the sands of time
To have you I'll combat the fray
And stand the hardest tests
To prove my love was true
As yet again my lips part
To say that "I Loved You"

No comments: